With well researched contents, covering vital details like
spiritual significance of the place, legends, puranas, history,
festivals and spiritual events, this CD ROM presents a
detailed coverage of the temple premises. It also exquisitely brings
to life, many pujas and utsavams of Lord Karthikeya - like...
- Thiruparamkundram : Soora Samharam, Chariot Festival and Laksha archana (worship to Lord Muruga by hundred thousand names)
Such rare footages produce spiritual ecstasy in one's mind, even if they are
viewed repeatedly !
- Thiruchendur : Swing Festival (Oonjal Sevai - where Lord Muruga swings with his consort in a highly tranquill atmosphere)
- Palani : The Golden Chariot Festival (A very famous occation in which golden image of the Lord goes around the temple in Gold Plated Chariot)
- Swamimalai : The Soora Vahana Festival (Lord Muruga is seated above the Asura Soorapadhman and is taken around the temple)
- Thiruthani : Mirror Festival (Kannadi Sevai - where the Lord's Six faces are exposed through a mirror and worshipped)
- Pazhamudhircholai : Bathing Festival (Abhishekam - where the Lord's image is bathed in several holy waters, amidst the veda chanting - Sri Rudhram and Chamakam)
Peace and tranquility are the possible benefits of viewing the CD contents - be it in
a group during small functions or alone- in solitude in the
background of darkness. For kids- it will be as much fun as
watching the cartoons - if only the parents take time to explain
the CD contents to their kids with some interest.
To know more about the CD ROM - Click here
To view some of the screenshots from this CD ROM - Click here
To download a demo of this CD ROM - Click here
To purchase this CD ROM - Click here
HISTORY OF THE TEMPLE:
There are conflicting opinion among the scholars as to the
location of the actual Pazhamudircholai temple - though the one
near madurai is now considered to be authentic by many. No elaborate
history is available for this temple as the temple itself is of recent
origin - though Muruga worship here is several hundered years old.
HOLY TREE (STALA VRUKSHAM):
The stala vriksham for Pazhamudircholai temple
(reverred by Avvaiyar).
TEMPLE TIMINGS AND DAILY POOJA:
Daily pujas to the deities are performed six times a day (six kalams). Forenoon : Ushat Kalam, Kalasandhi and Uchikala poojas are performed in the and the afternoon poojas commencing from Sayaratchai and Rendam kalam are concluded with Arthajama pooja in the night.
· Pankuni Uttiram festival in March
· Visakam festival in May
· Skanda Shashti festival in October
· Tiru Karthikai festival in Nov/December
NEARBY TEMPLES AND TOURIST LOCATIONS:
HOW TO REACH ?
Links to Tour & Travel Agencies
WHERE TO STAY ?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS ON SWAMIMALAI:
Links to sites with details of Madurai Hotels and Lodges
Madura Park Inn
good news india.com
LINKS TO OTHER MURUGAN TEMPLES IN ARUPADAI VEEDU: