With well researched contents, covering vital details like
spiritual significance of the place, legends, puranas, history,
festivals and spiritual events, this CD ROM presents a
detailed coverage of the temple premises. It also exquisitely brings
to life, many pujas and utsavams of Lord Karthikeya - like...
- Thiruparamkundram : Soora Samharam, Chariot Festival and Laksha archana (worship to Lord Muruga by hundred thousand names)
Such rare footages produce spiritual ecstasy in one's mind, even if they are
viewed repeatedly !
- Thiruchendur : Swing Festival (Oonjal Sevai - where Lord Muruga swings with his consort in a highly tranquill atmosphere)
- Palani : The Golden Chariot Festival (A very famous occation in which golden image of the Lord goes around the temple in Gold Plated Chariot)
- Swamimalai : The Soora Vahana Festival (Lord Muruga is seated above the Asura Soorapadhman and is taken around the temple)
- Thiruthani : Mirror Festival (Kannadi Sevai - where the Lord's Six faces are exposed through a mirror and worshipped)
- Pazhamudhircholai : Bathing Festival (Abhishekam - where the Lord's image is bathed in several holy waters, amidst the veda chanting - Sri Rudhram and Chamakam)
Peace and tranquility are the possible benefits of viewing the CD contents - be it in
a group during small functions or alone- in solitude in the
background of darkness. For kids- it will be as much fun as
watching the cartoons - if only the parents take time to explain
the CD contents to their kids with some interest.
To know more about the CD ROM - Click here
To view some of the screenshots from this CD ROM - Click here
To download a demo of this CD ROM - Click here
To purchase this CD ROM - Click here
HISTORY OF THE TEMPLE:
About 1200 years before, the Pandiya Kings constructed a great part
of the temple precincts and temple walls. The
Madurai Nayakar King Veerappar, Raja Thirumalai
are known to have patronized this temple and generously contributed
towards temple maintenance.
HOLY TREE (STALA VRUKSHAM):
The stala vriksham for Swamimalai temple
Amla tree( Nellimaram)
HOLY WATER TANKS (THEERTHAMS):
There are five Theerthams or divine water sources, in and around the temple.
They are :
· Saravana Poigai,
· Lakshmi Theertham
· Saniyasi Kinaru( well)
· Kasi Sunai and
· Sathiya Koopam
The Saravanai Poigai, located at the foot of the hill is believed to have been created by Lord Subrahmanya himself using his Vel.
A glimpse of the Saravana Poigai is beautifully videographed in the multimedia
CD Rom titled -
Arupadaiveedu - A Multimedia ecstasy
a CD ROM / VCD on Muruga by
, India. (http://www.cybervalleysystems.com)
TEMPLE TIMINGS AND DAILY POOJA:
Daily pujas to the deities are performed six times a day (six kalams). Forenoon : Ushat Kalam, Kalasandhi and Uchikala poojas are performed in the and the afternoon poojas commencing from Sayaratchai and Rendam kalam are concluded with Arthajama pooja in the night.
· Monthly Kirutikai festival
· Temple Chariot festival in April
· Visakam festival in May
· Skanda Shashti festival in October
NEARBY TEMPLES AND TOURIST LOCATIONS:
HOW TO REACH ?
Links to Tour & Travel Agencies
Tours on Aarupadai Veedu
WHERE TO STAY ?
Links to sites with details of Madurai Hotels and Lodges
Madura Park Inn
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS ON THIRUPARAMKUNDRAM:
Tirupparamkunram - General Info1
Murugan.Org - Thiruparamkundram
Tirupparamkunram - General Info2
LINKS TO OTHER MURUGAN TEMPLES IN ARUPADAI VEEDU: