With well researched contents, covering vital details like
spiritual significance of the place, legends, puranas, history,
festivals and spiritual events, this CD ROM presents a
detailed coverage of the temple premises. It also exquisitely brings
to life, many pujas and utsavams of Lord Karthikeya - like...
- Thiruparamkundram : Soora Samharam, Chariot Festival and Laksha archana (worship to Lord Muruga by hundred thousand names)
Such rare footages produce spiritual ecstasy in one's mind, even if they are
viewed repeatedly !
- Thiruchendur : Swing Festival (Oonjal Sevai - where Lord Muruga swings with his consort in a highly tranquill atmosphere)
- Palani : The Golden Chariot Festival (A very famous occation in which golden image of the Lord goes around the temple in Gold Plated Chariot)
- Swamimalai : The Soora Vahana Festival (Lord Muruga is seated above the Asura Soorapadhman and is taken around the temple)
- Thiruthani : Mirror Festival (Kannadi Sevai - where the Lord's Six faces are exposed through a mirror and worshipped)
- Pazhamudhircholai : Bathing Festival (Abhishekam - where the Lord's image is bathed in several holy waters, amidst the veda chanting - Sri Rudhram and Chamakam)
Peace and tranquility are the possible benefits of viewing the CD contents - be it in
a group during small functions or alone- in solitude in the
background of darkness. For kids- it will be as much fun as
watching the cartoons - if only the parents take time to explain
the CD contents to their kids with some interest.
To view some of the screenshots from this CD ROM - Click here
To download a demo of this CD ROM - Click here
To purchase this CD ROM - Click here
HISTORY OF THE TEMPLE:
The Subramanya Swamy temple has been patronized by many kings
of the ancient tamil empires.
HOLY TREE (STALA VRUKSHAM):
The stala vriksham for Thiruthani temple
Amla tree( Nellimaram)
HOLY WATER TANKS (THEERTHAMS):
There are five Theerthams
or divine water sources, in and around the temple. They are
· Vishnu Theertham
· Naga Theertham
· Brahma Teertham
· Saravana Poigai
Every day, there are four special poojas or sevai. The float festival is celebrated in the month of Aadi while the annual Bhramotsavam is celebrated during the tamil month of Maasi. In this festival, special darshan that should not be missed out is the Valli Kalyanam or the marriage of Lord Thanikesan with Valli. Aypasi month brings with it the celebration of Skanda Sashti.
Thai pusam or Thai Poosam and Panguni Uthiram are celebrated with grandeur. The English new year day is celebrated with specials poojas. Falling on the day of Poosam star, during the month of Thai - sometime during the end of January, Thai Pusam, is a Murugan festival celebrated all over the world.
NEARBY TEMPLES AND TOURIST LOCATIONS:
Thirupathi (Lord Venkateswara Temple)
HOW TO REACH ?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS ON THIRUTHANI:
Links to Tour & Travel Agencies
LINKS TO OTHER MURUGAN TEMPLES IN ARUPADAI VEEDU: